Library Buildings Closed: For the health and safety of our customers, staff, and community the Vigo County Public Library buildings are closed to due to COVID-19. Customers can access the Library’s digital resources to stream movies and music, listen to an audiobook, or read an ebook. If you do not have a Library card, you may get a temporary 90-day barcode to access digital resources by registering online. Please do not be concerned about returning Library materials — all due dates have been extended.
Focus on the Facts: Learn more information about COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, from these sources.
LifeLong Learning Center
The LifeLong Learning Center provides assistance and services to:
- Adults who are interested in improving their education, technology skills and English language skills;
- Learners who wish to take online courses offered through the VCPL website, university or high school;
- Distance education students who need exams proctored;
- Elementary students who are struggling readers.
The LLC department offers a collection of specific materials for youth and adults working toward literacy and specific educational goals. LLC’s skill-building materials are available for loan or on-site use and include:
- Books and study guides for math, writing, the high school equivalency test, Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), citizenship, English language literacy, and a collection of high-interest fiction and nonfiction books for coaching young readers in K - 5th grade;
- Adult basic literacy materials, including a collection of fiction and adapted books for adult new readers Tutor training materials.
The VCPL’s online offerings for continuing education and technology skills include instructor-led, 6 week courses through Gale Courses. The LifeLong Learning Center has computers available for extended time periods for educational purposes.
Technology training at the VCPL is available through the Public Training Specialist. Please check the link for computer classes and a calendar of programs that change monthly.