Inventory

Planned Parenthood of the Wabash Valley
Dates: 1972-1991
Accession Number: 920509A
Description: Five file folders in a document case


Content and Scope of Collection

Nationally, Planned Parenthood was founded in 1916 to provide education and services on contraception to enable women to control the size of their families. In 1970, Planned Parenthood of Vigo County opened the first contraceptive clinic in the area and the initial funding was private.  As needs grew within the community, the organization relied on government as well as private funds to sustain operations. Today, in 1992, the Terre Haute clinic is still in service at 637 Cherry Street.

Planned Parenthood's statement of purpose includes: "the provision of medically approved family planning services and [the assurance] that effective means of voluntary fertility control, including contraception, abortion, and voluntary sterilization are available and fully accessible to all persons without regard to age, sex, background or the ability to pay."

This collection was generated from miscellaneous material in the Community Affairs File and the Archives. It contains several newsletters issued from the local Planned Parenthood office from 1972 to 1991. Also included in the collection are a few informational brochures.

Document Case

 

 

 

 

Folder 1

Newsletters

1972-1973

 

 

 

Folder 2

Newsletters

1974-1977

 

 

 

Folder 3

Newsletters

1978-1979

 

 

 

Folder 4

Newsletters

1980-1987

 

 

 

Folder 4a

Newsletters

1989-1991

     

Folder 5

Brochures

n.d.

     
 

Annual Report

1989-1990

 

 

 

 

Annual Report

1978