Vigo County Public Library’s Reduce Waste Campaign: Transition to Reusable Bags
One of the biggest goals of VCPL's 2019-2023 strategic plan is to generate positive change in the community. One of the biggest ways for us to do so is help push our community towards more eco-friendly initiatives.
To better align with this vision, the Library will cease providing plastic bags starting Friday, January 17, 2020. Instead, customers will be given reusable bags to use on their trips to the Library.
Here is how the transition process will work:
- Every Library cardholder will receive their first reusable bag free of charge.
- If your bag is misplaced, broken or left at home, you can purchase another bag for $1 and there is no limit on how many bags you can purchase.
- Funds from reusable bag purchase will go directly to purchasing more reusable bags for Library customers.
- Library e-card holders are not eligible to receive a bag at no charge.
- There must be no fines on your account to receive a reusable bag.
If you have any questions related to VCPL’s transition to reusable bags please reach out to the Library’s lending department at 812.232.1113 ext. 2101, or email Andrew Akers at email@example.com.