Library Closing: The Vigo County Public Library will be closed Friday, December 9, 2016 for staff training.
VCPL Borrowers Card Policy & Information
In order to record all materials loaned from the library each patron is assigned a borrowers card with a unique (barcode) number. All borrowers cards are valid for a three-year period from the date of issue, with the exception of the non-resident fee card, the reciprocal card and PLAC.
Obtaining a VCPL Borrowers Card
A Vigo County Public Library borrowers card is free if you live in Vigo County!
You're also eligible if you own property in Vigo County but reside elsewhere, or if your home library has signed the statewide Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement. If you are a Vigo County resident or own property in Vigo County, you may apply for a library card online.
Complete a registration form and bring in a Picture ID along with:
- Indiana residents who work at a public school corporation or a non-public school that is located in the library school district (Vigo County) must bring a current pay stub.
- Students enrolled in a public school corporation or non-public school located in the library district (Vigo County) must bring a current student ID.
- Students attending a university, college or technical institute in the library district (Vigo County) who reside on campus or live in Vigo County must bring a current student ID.
Adults & emancipated minors must complete & sign the above registration form.
For Unemancipated Minors Under 18:
- Download & Complete a Registration Form
- A Parent's or Guardian's Signature is Required
- Verification of Parent's or Guardian's Identity & Address of Residence are Required
Obtaining a VCPL Corporate Card
Issued to Institutions & Corporations Located in Vigo County
The head of the institution or corporation must verify the location in Vigo County, usually with a business card, letterhead, etc. and sign the registration form.
Obtaining a Reciprocal Borrowers Card
Issued to Indiana Residents
If you reside in a library-taxing district and your home library has signed the Statewide Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement, please bring in a valid library card from your home library along with a picture ID with your current home address.
Obtaining a Public Library Access Card (PLAC)
PLAC Cards May Be Purchased for a $65 Annual Fee.
To obtain a PLAC card, you must be an Indiana resident (with a picture ID proving residency) & have a valid resident or non-resident card from one of the 238 Indiana public libraries. Once the PLAC card is purchased, you can use it at any Indiana public library.
Obtaining a Non-Resident Library Card
Non-resident cards are issued to Indiana residents living outside library-taxing districts.
- Non-Resident Single Cards May Be Purchased for a $60 Annual Fee.